Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
After today, Racked DC will no longer be updating. But our archives aren't going anywhere, and they're full of useful tips for navigating Washington's shopping scene. Below, check out a short list of our best maps and guides, as well as some of our favorite features.
· Twenty amazing local hair salons
· Where to buy your wedding gown
· DC's most luxurious spas
· DC's best vintage and consignment shops
· DC's best independent boutiques
· DC's best furniture and home goods shops
· DC's best stores, period
· A stunning D.C. studio apartment makeover
· Tweet the Bride's Sophie Pyle on the best wedding hashtags
· Meet My Nguyen, the DC public library's street style photographer
· Behind the design of Solidcore, Michelle Obama's favorite fitness studio
· Pulp's Meryl Hooker on 14th Street's most beloved gift shop