Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- President Obama shopping at One More Page Books. Image via Yelp
- Lisa Chavez's pick: The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams. "Very engaging characters, interesting story lines, smart dialogue, and some steamy romance to boot! Perfect summer read."
- Lelia Nebeker's pick: Somerset by Leila Meacham. "Somerset tells the story of how three families came to settle in Texas in the 1800s. The novel spans decades, starting in the 1830s and following generations of Tolivers through the Westwar
- Amber Gott Steel's pick Archetype by M.D. Waters. "This book kept me up all night reading. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough, and at the end, I was begging for the sequel!"
For this week's edition of our summer reading series, we're asking the staff of One More Page Books to share their top picks lately. The friendly book shop near the East Falls Church metro is somewhat new on the scene — it's been open since 2011, and got a big surprise in 2012 when President Barack Obama and Malia and Sasha paid a visit to shop the bookstore on Small Business Saturday. And now, three staff members share their favorite books this summer, from a steamy summer romance to 19th century fiction to a scifi love triangle. · One More Page Books [Official Site]
· The Best Beach Reads for Summer 2014 From Kramerbooks [Racked]
· The Best Beach Reads for Summer 2014 From Politics & Prose [Racked DC]