Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Day Tripping: our seasonal guides for getting out of the city this summer, and what to do when you're there.
- Angela Abruzzese, founder of Latrice, a local Margate boutique, doesn’t believe in letting the clothes wear the woman. Instead, Angela believes “it's about good design and good lines that flatter." Sto
- Dairy Bar has been a Margate favorite since it first opened in 1952. From ice-cream and water-ice to shakes and sundaes, heading down to Ventor Ave for a refreshing treat is a Margate must for some rejuvenatio
- Whether you’re shopping for a cocktail dress or a casual shirt to wear to the beach, Knit Wit has it covered. Featuring styles by Alexander Wang, Vince, J Brand and more, this upscale boutique is perfect for a
- If you’re looking for a trendier brunch spot, local fav Johnny’s Café was recently remodeled. Their delicious iced-coffee will wake you up and prepare you for the day ahead. [
- This mom and pop breakfast spot might not look like much, but the food is delicious. Whether you’re in the mood to down a big fluffy omelet or you're ready to indulge in some french toast or pancakes, Hannah G’s won’
- This unique yoga studio, The Zen Den, prides itself on its sense of camaraderie. The encouragement between students and teachers, as well as the congenial atmosphere makes this the
- Stacey Marchel founded her own surfing camp in 2008. Since then she has taught countless children about water safety and ocean knowledge as well as how to surf. She focuses on empowering each child by giving t
- Lucy The Elephant, named after the co-founder of Margate, is about to celebrate her 133rd birthday. She is a six story high historical landmark, and the perfect place to set up a picnic before
Yes, Margate is a beach town along the Jersey Shore, however, you will not see Snookie or Pauly D during your visit. Margate is a touristy spot that provides ample opportunity to unwind with brunch, shopping and exercise classes. Before packing up the car, check out Racked's top eight spots you can't miss while in Margate. (But if you'd rather tan on the beach all day that's fine too.) —Kate Friedman · Margate, NJ [Official Site]
· Three Must-Shop Boutiques For Your Annapolis Day Trip [Racked DC]