Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images Courtesy of SoulCycle
- Abby: After a year of SoulCycle obsession, this Greenwich, CT native took a leap of faith and became an instructor. Using her background in dance, Abby provides her riders with an upbeat rhythmic experience that will be sure to kick your butt.
- Kathleen: Born and raised right here in Washington, DC, this rockstar makes each class inspiring and motivating, and helps riders discover their strength, rhythm, and inner sexiness.
- Megan: As a graduate student at USC, Megan found a passion for indoor cycling at SoulCycle. She hopes that her class can provide a forum to “let go” of the things in your life that don’t serve you and make you stronger physically, mentally and emot
- Natalia: This Venezuela native moved to New York to pursue a career in fashion, but after 12 years of modeling, she discovered SoulCycle filled a void in her life that modeling never could. She decided to pay it forward and help others find their S
- Garrett: After ending his soccer career after college, Garrett felt lost until he discovered SoulCycle. As a rider, manager and instructor, Garrett believes resistance is key, and makes each class a physical and mental change.
Try to contain your excitement as we introduce the five superhuman SoulCycle instructors that will be riding into Washington's very first SoulCycle studio. We already told you the opening date for the West End studio is set for August 2, and now we're giving you a preview of the instructors who promise to make you sweat. Click through for photos and bios of D.C.'s SoulCycle team.—Kate Friedman