Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images courtesy of Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria
- What do you love about dressing the D.C. customer? From what I can tell, she’s really interested in modernity and feeling really feminine. She’s been very experimental with color and shape. And it’s very urban here.
- What was the best advice you’ve ever been given? Don’t give up your day job. No, just kidding. Someone once said, “If you hate change, you’re going to hate irrelevancy even more. And i was like, “Yep, you’re right. I’ll change.” This is
- Did you have any terrible advice? I haven’t met that many people who have given me that much advice. We never really had any mentors, I had a few people that I worked with early on who were quite hard teachers. You know, my brother says
- Did you follow Kate Middleton’s tour in New Zealand? Are you kidding me? I am obsessed with her. And she wears Rebecca Taylor.
Tysons Galleria's Neiman Marcus rolled out the red carpet — and a gorgeous spring-themed sitting area — for designer Rebecca Taylor's visit in April. The gregarious Taylor was in town to chat with her Washington customers and offer styling advice. We crushed big time on her ladylike top, and the feminine and floaty floral dresses, which would be a hit at any wedding on your calendar this summer. Taylor chatted with Racked DC about what's on the Rebecca Taylor customer's mind in Washington, and the best career advice she's ever gotten. And the New Zealand-born designer shared the cutest story ever about Kate, William, and baby George's recent visit to her homeland.
Image of Kate Middleton wearing Rebecca Taylor via Getty
Did that make your day?
Are you kidding me? My life! Died and gone to heaven. I can't tell you, I'm such a royalist, it's so corny. I love Kate, and I love William, and I'm obsessed with George. And I love Diana. When I grew up, it was Princess Diana and Lady Diana, and I had the scrapbook and everything.
When William was a baby George's age, he came to New Zealand with Diana. My school went and saw her car come in by the airport, because our school's right by the airport. We all stood there waving, and then there's baby William. And now he's back in New Zealand with his baby and his wife is wearing Rebecca Taylor. It gives you goosebumps. Never would've imagined in a million years. My dad is signing autographs, would you believe. We love them out there.
·Rebecca Taylor at Neiman Marcus [Official Site]
·Rebecca Taylor [Official Site]
· 40 Dresses For Conquering the Summer Wedding Circuit [Racked]