Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via The Sunset Room at National Harbor/Facebook
- River Farm, Alexandria, VA: George Washington's River Farm is situated on 25 acres of lawn, meadows, woodland, and formal gardens, with beautiful views of the Potomac River. [
- House of Sweden, Washington, D.C.: Take in panoramic views of the river, Kennedy Center, Air Force Memorial, and the Watergate Complex from the cool, minimalist embassy House of Sweden. [
- National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, D.C.: This museum is so spectacular for events that Racked named it as
- Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium, Washington, D.C.: This historic auditorium is so stunning it barely needs decor, with bold features like colossal fluted Roman Doric columns. [
- The Mansion at Strathmore, North Bethesda, MD: This turn-of-the-century Georgian mansion has perfectly manicured grounds and a sweeping staircase for a grand entrance. [
- Long View Gallery, Washington, D.C.: This historic warehouse-turned-art-gallery has access to patio space in charming Blagden Alley, and can accommodate events for 50 to 600 guests for an ult
- National Building Museum, Washington, D.C.: Need room for 800 friends and family at your wedding? Look no further than the grand National Building Museum. [
- Meridian House, Washington, D.C.: Famed architect John Russell Pope's Meridian House includes a secluded Linden grove hidden behind elegant stone walls. [
- Glen Echo Park, Glen Echo, MD: Glen Echo Park has plenty of spaces to rent out for a wedding, from a Mediterranean style Art Deco ballroom to a more casual open-air
- Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.: In terms of grandeur, the Corcoran is hard to beat, with its sky-lit atrium surrounded by 40 columns.
- The Yards Park, Washington, D.C.: With an iconic bridge, boardwalk, water feature, and water view, the futuristic new Yards Park can be rented out for events. [
- W Washington DC, Washington, D.C: Washington's hippest hotel has the best location for your out-of-to
- Newseum, Washington, D.C.: The sleek Newseum is a true landmark on Pennsylvania Avenue, and you can host a wedding on the
From historic farms to ultra-modern parks, we've rounded up some of the most fantastic, over-the-top venues to tie the knot in the D.C. area. Click through to see our picks, and if you do book your wedding at any of these venues, can we crash?
· All Weddings Weeks 2014 posts [Racked DC]