Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
CityCenterDC is targeting shoppers with deep pockets. According to the Washington Post and Washington Business Journal, major fashion houses Dior, Hermès, Paul Stuart, Salvatore Ferragamo, and Louis Vuitton will likely open shops in the new mixed-use development. They'll join already-opened Tumi and Allen Edmonds shops and Burberry, Longchamp, Hugo Boss, Zadig & Voltaire, and Kate Spade stores that have been announced or are currently under construction.
Although, the restaurants are going to be accessible: Tom Papadapoulos, who worked with Daniel Boulud to bring DBGB Kitchen and Bar to CityCenter DC, told the Washington Business Journal: "Nothing's going to be fine dining there … how many fine dining places do you really need? No one wants that anymore."
· Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, more to be among CityCenterDC retailers [WBJ]
· CityCenter DC's hotel and fashion lineup come into shape [WaPo]
· CityCenterDC Shapes Up as D.C.'s Destination for the One Percent [WCP]
· CityCenterDC [Official Site]
· CityCenterDC Watch: Boss By Hugo Boss Signage Is Up [Racked DC]
· CityCenterDC Watch: Hines Says There Will Be No Apple Store [Racked DC]