Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Pillows at Skynear Designs [Image: Skynear Designs/Facebook]
- Start your afternoon with a fresh coat of polish and a mimosa or glass of champagne at Enchanted Nails & Spa (2324 18th Street NW). Not only do they have gel manicures from Shellac, OPI, and Essie
- Now that you've got a new color for your nails, head over to Skynear Designs (2122 18th Street) to find something colorful for your apartment. This home furnishings shop and art gallery stocks funky modern furniture from brands like Blu Dot and Innovation
- Next, stroll up 18th Street to Meeps (2104 18th Street NW), a boutique that takes some of the guesswork out of vintage. Colorful, fun pieces find a home at Meeps, and owners Cathy Chung and Katerina Herodotou have plenty of styling suggestions for 90s dre
- Keep walking up 18th and get back to this decade at Violet Boutique (2439 18th Street NW), where owner Julie Egermayer offers girly, on-trend styles from midi-rings to statement necklaces to cocktail dresses. Best of all, the prices are easy on the wallet
- End your Adams Morgan day with dinner at the brand new Roofers Union (2446 18th Street NW), a new restaurant from the team behind Cleveland Park's Ripple. Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley is serving up elevated junk food
Over snow and cold at this point? How about a jolt of color tomorrow to get a break from this dreary winter? For our newest feature, Perfect Saturday, we've put together a neighborhood tour of Adams Morgan inspired by the beautiful, eye-poppingly colorful new restaurant Roofers Union, which just opened this week. Make a reservation for dinner — probably do that today since this place is so new — and head over to AdMo a few hours before dinner to take in the sights, get your nails done, and shop for new additions to your wardrobe and your home that will get you out of the winter doldrums. · All Perfect Saturday posts [Racked DC]