Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Sergio Rossi secret pump, original retail price: $575, Gilt City Warehouse sale price: $60
- Cynthia Rowley printed cross-over strap dress, original retail: $495, Gilt City Warehouse Sale price: $50
- Pour La Victoire Verona satchel: original retail price: $395, Gilt City Warehouse sale price: $40
- Vera Wang silk organza rosette shift dress, original retail price: $495, Gilt City Warehouse sale price: $50
- Carolina Herrera wool oversize button coat, original retail price: $2,690, Gilt City Warehouse sale price: $270
- M Missoni high neck printed dress, original retail: $795, Gilt City Warehouse sale price: $80
Mark those calendars, because the Gilt City Warehouse Sale is returning to Long View Gallery on October 18 and 19. The $10 timed tickets will be available online at Gilt City today at 10 a.m. for Gilt City members. This year, the selection includes hundreds of brands, including designers like Zac Posen, Missoni, Vera Wang, Badgley Mischka, Carolina Herrera, and Helmut Lang. For menswear, shoppers will find items from John Varvatos, Paul Smith, and GANT. And as always, a DJ will provide the soundtrack, with cocktails and snacks too. Long View Gallery is currently undergoing an expansion set to be finished in October adding more square footage to the gallery, so this could bode well in terms of crowd control.
Gilt sent over a few images of items that will be at the sale this year. Click on through for a $50 Cynthia Rowley dress, a $40 Pour La Victoire satchel, a heavily-discounted Carolina Herrera blue wool coat, and more.
Expect merchandise from every season, with everything from cocktail dresses to designer ski wear. Gilt City senior curator Marissa Schneider shared her haul from the last D.C. Gilt City Warehouse Sale. "Last year, I notably took home J Brand denim, a designer coat for my husband, my favorite over-the-knee black boots, a Eugenia Kim hat that I cannot wait to wear when it gets cold, so many dresses, and a pile of accessories too long to list," she said.
· Gilt City DC [Official Site]