Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- NPR temporary tattoos, $12. Image credit: NPR
- Tote bag, $25. Image credit: Katie Burk/NPR
- NPR doggy t-shirts, $22. Image credit: Caitlin Sanders/NPR
- Children's t-shirt, $20. Image credit: NPR
- The Indie Rock Coloring Book, $9.95. Image credit: NPR
- Carl Kasell pillow, $12.50. Image credit: Caitlin Sanders/NPR
- Beer making kit. Image credit: Caitlin Sanders/NPR
- Maternity tee, $25.Image credit: NPR
- Limited edition Tivioli x NPR radios. Image credit: Katie Burk/NPR
- Onsie, $20. Image credit: NPR
- Messenger bag, $129. Image credit: Caitlin Sanders/NPR
- Mugs, $16. Image credit: Caitlin Sanders/NPR
In addition to this week's All Crafts Considered event, this is the first holiday season to shop at The NPR Commons store in their new headquarters. And there is a dizzying amount of merchandise for public radio fans. We can sum it up in four words: Public radio temporary tattoos. There are way more gifts than just NPR mugs here, with something for everyone from puppies to the expectant moms. Of course, they have mugs too, and creative gifts like indie rock coloring books, eco-friendly items, and beer making kits. Take a little tour of the items sold at NPR's The Commons shop in Racked DC's gallery. The shop's hours have also been extended for the holidays, running as normal Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., then from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. tomorrow, December 10 and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, December 19. Shop alongside NPR hosts in The Commons too. Weekend Edition Hosts Scott Simon and Rachel Martin will make an appearance on Thursday, December 12 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., and Morning Edition's David Greene will be in the shop on Tuesday, December 17 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
· All Crafts Considered And More Holiday Events At The NPR Commons [NPR]
· NPR Shop [Official Site]