Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Will there be an Apple store in downtown's new upscale shopping center, CityCenterDC? That remains to be seen. According to the Washington Business Journal, anonymous sources say that the preliminary deal to bring Apple to CityCenter is off and other tenants are touring the space Apple had been interested in previously. Back in October, PoPville said that he had it from his sources that the Apple deal had fallen through. WBJ reports that construction has started for Tumi and Kate Spade stores.
· Apple Store a No-Go for CityCenterDC? [WBJ]
· Uniqlo is Coming?!? More Possible Retail News for CityCenter – But it Sounds Like Apple Is Not [PoPville]
· CityCenterDC Watch: Kate Spade Coming Soon? [Racked DC]
· Updated: Is Uniqlo Coming to D.C.? [Racked DC]
· First Retailer Confirmed: Tumi's Moving In at CityCenterDC [Racked DC]