Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images via Racked Boston and Follain
- Follain-curated "Intro to Healthy Beauty" Set, $105: Travel size versions of Follain's bestselling products for face and hair, with Earth Tu Face Cleanser; Shamanuti Face Moisturizer; Stewart + Claire Lip Balm; Baudelaire Sisal Wash Cloth; and Rahua Shamp
- Follain-curated "Healthy Relaxation" Set, $55: calming bath salts; olive oil soap bar; body oil; and body butter
For Tara Foley, owner of Boston's healthy beauty retail store Follain, being part of Union Market's upcoming shopping event Thread feels like a homecoming. Foley grew up in Washington, D.C., and went to high school with friend Cameron Archer of Saint Clair Jewelry, another Thread vendor. Foley's passion for effective natural skincare products took her as far afield as an organic lavender farm in France, a skincare manufacturer in Maine, and to Babson for an entrepreneurship-focused MBA. So when Thread offered her the chance to introduce Follain's portfolio of U.S.-made healthy beauty brands to Washington for the first time, she jumped at it. And her parents' house is a nice crashpad too. "I am already shipping all my inventory to their house, which they aren't too pleased about," she said.
What should shoppers expect to see from the Follain station at Thread? Foley is bringing full lines of natural face, body, and bath products from 15 American brands, as well as curated travel kits and gift sets. There will be a little mini-sink for shoppers to try out all the products, with plenty of accessible price points for gift-giving.
"All of our products are safe and healthy," Foley said, noting that in Europe, 1300 ingredients are banned from cosmetic products, while just 10 ingredients are banned in the U.S. "I am really excited to get these products into people's hands in D.C.," Foley said. Meet Foley at Thread from November 29 to December 1 and chat natural beauty and skincare, and in the meantime, she sent over a few photos of the gift sets you'll see at Thread.
· New Shop Follain Is on a Mission to Spread Natural Skincare [Racked Boston]
· Follain [Official Site]
· Thread at Dock 5 [Official Site]