Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images via The Glossarie/Facebook
- Stephanie Johnson Grace Brush Case in Wilshire, $60. "For quick'ish trips, I cannot survive without this practical beauty tote. I love that I can tuck brushes and pencils in the
- Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll On, $12.99. "Dry plane cabins and hotel air means a touch of extra under e
- Dickinson's Witch Hazel Towelettes, $4.49. "I tone my skin with Witch Hazel every evening at home, but any kind of toner is truly a pain to travel with
- Smashbox CC Cream, $42. "Combining makeup and skincare just makes good sense, but it's even more practical when you're trying to tr
- Vintage magazine pill case, $10.99. "I don't know about you, but I cannot leave home without the essentials, namely pain killers, dramamine, pepto bismol, and of course m
- Mario Badescu Herbal Hydrating Serum, $30. "The combination of strange water, unfamiliar sheets washed in harsh detergents, and staying in dry hotel rooms tends to suck the life out of my se
- Becca Beach Tint in Lychee, $25. "Convertible color is key when I'm looking to save room (and time in my
- Mark. Toolin Around Mini Brush Kit, $16. "Aside from being impossibly adorable, this fivesome from Mark. is perfectly practical! With an eyeshadow, eyeliner, concealer, lip, and
Quick recap: For Travel Week, Racked took a look into the travel cosmetic cases of Washingtonians Marla Beck of Bluemercury, Politics of Pretty's Kara Manos, and Mischo Beauty's Kitiya King. And for our final installment today, Lara Ramos of The Glossarie is sharing the essentials she packs in her makeup bag. And it happens to be a pretty Stephanie Johnson brush case. In her very relatable blog, Lara posts daily about the products she tries from brands across the beauty universe, from drugstore buys and designer picks to little-known brands. Keep reading for all eight of Lara's picks — including that Stephanie Johnson bag.