Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
After months of waiting, this is finally the week that Isabel Marant's boho chic aesthetic is released to the H&M masses. Interested in shopping in Washington for H&M's Isabel Marant collaboration this Thursday? Here are a few tips for shopping the collection in store. Read on for a breakdown of the wristband system, the return policy, shopping strategies, and pure speculation about what time you should get out of bed for the 8 a.m. sale.
1. Choose Your H&M: There are only two H&M stores in the Washington area that will carry the line: the downtown shop at 1025 F Street NW and the Georgetown shop at 3222 M Street NW. The Georgetown shop will be brand new: after moving a few doors down, the new, larger Georgetown H&M is opening to the public at noon the day before the launch.
2. Know your budget: As Racked National noted, even though it's at H&M, this designer collab isn't necessarily cheap. The beaded jacket that's on every blog is $399, after all. Our New York editor previewed the collection and stated that this signature jacket is sturdy, as is all the other outerwear. Overall, they wrote: "It does seem like the merchandise is about H&M quality." Need a refresher on all the looks? Racked National has the full lookbook.
3. Understand the line system: After the stores open at 8 a.m., the first 420 customers in line will be given a bracelet, and each bracelet is assigned a color, with 14 colors total. Then, 30 customers wearing the same color bracelet will be allowed inside to shop for 15 minutes. There are five minutes between groups. If you don't get a bracelet, you will have to wait until all the customers wearing bracelets have been through the store.
4. Know the return policy and shopping limit: Customers can only buy four items in each style. All sales from the collection can only be returned or exchanged within seven days.
5. Maybe try the children's section if possible? Petite shoppers could have luck in the Isabel Marant "teen collection," Racked National suggests, and don't forget that there is a men's line as well.
6. So when should you get there? Just to be safe, better get there as early as you can. We're not sure how this will compare to the Target x Phillip Lim launch, but for a reference point, about 40 people were in line by 8 a.m. at the Columbia Heights Target. But they picked that store clean, quickly and efficiently. If you're coming from outside the city, you'll be fighting commuters for parking spots as well on Thursday. If you would rather shop the H&M x Isabel Marant collection online at noon on Thursday, here is a guide.
· D.C. H&M News: Georgetown Shop Moving, Isabel Marant Launch [Racked DC]
· How to Dominate the Isabel Marant X H&M Launch [Racked]
· The Ultimate Guide to Next Week's Isabel Marant for H&M Launch [Racked NY]
· Isabel Marant for H&M [Official Site]