Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Fashion Night Out is on indefinite hiatus, but the Georgetown Business Improvement District is trying to recapture some of the magic this weekend. The neighborhood will host its first-ever FAD Georgetown October 10 through 12. FAD stands for Fashion + Art + Design — yes, you can get a tote bag with FAD on it — and Georgetown boutiques, home decor shops, and art galleries are following suit by hosting parties and sales. There's a lot happening, with fashion events on Friday and design events on Saturday, but one thing to know is that Georgetown is running a free FAD electric 'eCruiser' shuttle over the weekend. The shuttle will run from 2 to 10 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
For a full schedule of events, check out FAD Georgetown's website. Here are a few events and deals that caught our eye.
Where to get free booze and snacks:
Everywhere. On Friday, stop by M29 LIFESTYLE, Tari, United Color of Bennetton, Sherman Pickey, SEE Optical, Madewell, J. Crew, Juicy Couture, Intermix, Hugh & Crye, Diesel, Britt Ryan, and more. On Saturday, check out CB2, Waterworks, Pedini, Janus et Cie, and Flor. Many stores are holding raffles too, i.e. more free stuff.
Where to get a deal on Friday:
· Madewell at 1237 Wisconsin Avenue NW is offering 20% off purchases of $125 or more and offering an exclusive gift with purchase.
· Britt Ryan at 1625 Wisconsin Ave NW will take 20% off the Britt Ryan fall collection
· Maxstudio.com at 1242 Wisconsin Avenue NW is offering 20% off fall arrivals.
· GANT USA at 3239 M Street NW will take 25% off all fall merchandise when customers spend $250 or more.
· TARI at 1525 Wisconsin Avenue NW is running a buy one, get one 50% off sale.
· Sherman Pickey at 1647 Wisconsin Avenue NW is running a 15% discount off full price men's and women's clothing.
· Urban Chic at 1626 Wisconsin Avenue NW is hosting a sale, with 15% on one piece from one designer, 20% on two or more.
Where to get a deal on Saturday:
A Mano at 1677 Wisconsin Avenue NW and Carling Nichols at 1665 Wisconsin Ave NW are both offering 20% off select merchandise.
Where to get a deal Thursday through Saturday:
· Charm Georgetown at 2910 M Street NW will offer 25% off fall items.
· Sunglass Hut at 3251 M Street NW is discounting select sunglasses to 20% off.
· L'Occitane at 3106 M Street NW is taking 10% off all purchases.
· Luigi Parasmo Salon at 1510 Wisconsin Ave NW will take 20% off Kerastase, Oribe and Moroccan, and offer a "Blow Out to Go Out + Mini Makeup + Manicure" and haircut + finish for 20% off on Friday.
Where to get your photo taken:
Hit the red carpets and photo booths at 30th & M Street NW; PNC Bank at M Street and Wisconsin Avenue NW, and in Cady's Alley at 33rd Street and M Street NW. Or catch the eye of a Worn Creative photographer and find your picture projected onto the PNC Bank building.
Where to start a DIY project with the Topaz + Arrow girls:
The creative duo will be hosting a craft event at Flor at 1037 33rd Street NW from 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Where to get "a personalized fashion illustration," whatever that is:
Juicy Couture at 3034 M Street NW on Friday.
Where to get cultured:
There's a Book Hill Art Walk through the neighborhood's art galleries at 1:00 PM on Saturday (RSVP: email@example.com). Or visit the Public Art Project Exhibit by No Kings Collective at 3336 M Street NW throughout FAD.
Where to hit the afterparty:
Bandolero at 3241 M Street NW is throwing a party with fashion-themed drinks and specials from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Friday.
· FAD Georgetown [Official Site]
· With Fashion's Night Out Kaput, Georgetown Starts Its Own FAD [WaPo]