Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- InStyle Magazine's Dana Avidan Cohn is on the tour bus to meet shoppers.
- Styling suggestions from InStyle magazine.
- The bus's stylish lounge.
- Cohn brought along some goodies out of the styling closet at InStyle.
- A flat screen shows an InStyle video about the Essentials shirts.
- An InStyle employee shows off the utility shirt.
- Grab some free samples of volumizing hair powder.
- Don't miss the InStyle signage or the red carpet.
- The bus is parked in Woodrow Wilson Plaza.
The InStyle Essentials Perfect Fit tour bus and mobile store is parked in Woodrow Wilson Plaza today, debuting InStyle magazine's new line of fitted white shirts. But shoppers might have to dodge packs of news crews filming footage for the onslaught of government shutdown coverage. "Today has been an unusual day," acknowledged InStyle magazine's senior market editor Dana Avidan Cohn, who is aboard the bus today and tomorrow to give shoppers styling tips and to bring the InStyle experience to D.C. Even the brand's name — Essentials — has taken on a new meaning today, with federal employees' jobs being deemed essential or non-essential. Shoppers are still finding their way onto the bus, though. A few federal workers stopped in this morning after being sent home from their jobs for the day, Cohn noted. "This has been a pick-me-up for them," Cohn said. "People feel good when something fits them properly," she said.
The mobile store will be in town today till 7 p.m. and tomorrow from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the corner of 13th Street NW & Pennsylvania Avenue NW. And as an added bonus, the $59.99 shirt is 20% off for tour bus shoppers. Step inside the bus, and find a mini-lounge, and shelves and shelves of different sizes of InStyle's three types of button-front shirts fitted by bra size: a bow-front sleeveless shirt, a utility shirt with pockets, and a classic white dress shirt that's easy to tuck into skirts or pants.
· InStyle Magazine's Perfect Fit Tour Brings Shirt Solutions to D.C. [Racked DC]
· InStyle Essentials [Official Site]